January 05, 2012

A New Year's Dream

This year it will happen.  This year will change my life.  This year I will start living a healthy, active, Weight Watchers lifestyle.  This will happen because I am going to start and keep believing in myself.  I am capable of preparing and enjoying healthy meals.  I am capable of giving my body the loving movement that it needs.  I am capable of setting and meeting goals.

My name is Danielle and today I fully recommitted myself to Weight Watchers.  I have been going for several months now but I never fully stuck to the plan and gave it my all.  I have fluctuated up and down for several months now because I did not want to put the work that it would take into changing my lifestyle. Well, that has changed and I have my biggest inspiration to thank for it.

In September, my fiance and I took a vacation to see my mother.  While on vacation I convinced him to join Weight Watchers with me because it would be easier with us both on plan.  He agreed and when we got home he joined Weight Watchers Online for Men.  To date, he has lost almost 25 pounds.  Me?  I'm still losing and gaining the first five pounds I had since I joined.  This really hit home for me during the holidays this year.  For Christmas dinner this year, my family decided to prepare a whole ham.  This ham weighed in at 21.3 pounds.  Almost exactly how the amount that Theron had lost at the time.  The running theme for Christmas day was - Honey, you lost a ham!

Since then, I have been wondering - when will I loose a ham?  

In order for me to loose a ham I need to set some goals for myself.  My first goal is quite simple: I want to loose 5 pounds.  From my starting weight of 231.8 pounds, I am currently down 4.4 pounds at 227.4.  Hopefully in this next week I will be able to shed .6 pounds so that I can meet my first goal.  After that, I am aiming for 220.2 pounds, which will be my 5%. 

I can do this.  I know I can.

1 comment:

  1. You, too, can lose a ham. Believe in yourself, and stick to what you know you have to do! I love you!

    ReplyDelete